Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

December 5, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,


So the missionary work this week is going great! We still have the same investigators. They are really awesome! Nicole and Jamie, the couple, have decided to get married and to move their baptismal date forward. That will be great! The 17th is not looking so good but next month or later this month looks great! I hope that I stay here for at least one more transfer to see my friends (investigators) get baptized! It will be the best ever! :)

Okay, a little update on the companion, he is doing better! I just keep working hard and strive to be a good example to him! This week I told him that he is going to be Senior Companion. I gave him the phone and at night I let him do most of the planning instead of me just doing it all. I think that this will help him learn and grow. I think that is the thing to realize; when you go on a mission, you’re on your own! It’s time to learn how to do things yourself you know?

Well, that’s probably enough out of me.

I Love You!
Love, Elder McNew

Have a great week!











No comments: