Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Baptism of Shelby Campbell

2/13/12
Hey what’s up!?

So this week was pretty interesting! I got in contact with Cindy Pagan (Clegg) (a cousin of mine) and she has a referral for me and we will be having lunch sometime in the future. Her friend is a bit busy with school or work for now but in like a couple weeks we will be making some progress there.

So this area is pretty chill! I like it so far. There are a ton of nice houses, always good food, and chill people so I’m living it up! And I think, believe it or not, I think I lost a little weight! I've been doing more of a work out in the mornings I think. Anyway, it’s going well!

I had a cool experience that I wanted to talk about for a moment: So this week I was kind of stressing out because of the new area and a special assignment and just worries, anxiety, and stuff so I asked my home-share for a blessing. It was awesome, I got my answer! It was so simple. Basically, I just need to turn to the Lord in prayer more. I need to communicate with my companion and I know it doesn’t seem like a lot but it was just something that I looked right over! I was looking for these great words of wisdom when all I really needed was something simple :) By small and simple means, the Lord doth bring about his great and eternal purposes right? Alma. Anyway, so I think that things will be getting better!

I also wanted to include this; it’s what my president said to me when I was trying to figure out exactly what my special assignment is, I hope you don’t think I’m being boastful, I’m just proud of what he said!

Thank you for jumping in and looking for ways to help. I am happy to hear your report on Elder Schenk. I am sure there are some minor things that need slight adjustments. That will be true in all areas. If you are happy with what you find upon going there and can adjust the little things that need a small tweak then I think we will be just great there. I am happy that you are there and picking up the work for us. You're a great missionary. Thank you.

I’m doing pretty well and I can tell that things will be improving and stuff soon!

Oh and I also had the opportunity to go back to Moreno Valley this Saturday for a baptism. Shelby Campbell, a girl that I taught there and then gave to the sister missionaries a little before I left got baptized! It was awesome and I got to see a few people again even though I was not gone for long. It was a very good experience.

We should also be having some baptisms of some people here that we have been teaching coming up pretty soon. There are a couple of kids that we have taught and they should be baptized soon. Kind of cool! Alright, well that’s about all for now!

Love, Elder McNew!
Have a good week!
Love you!

PS. Happy Valentine’s Day (tomorrow)












No comments: