Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

1/30/12
This week was great! I had the opportunity of attending a leadership meeting in Riverside and that was great. I learned so much and I LOVE The Doctrine of Christ when truly understood! :) I hope to give my homecoming talk on the Doctrine of Christ. I know that it is a long ways away, but I feel like that is one of the biggest things I have come to understand on my mission. I think that it is something that all people need to be enlightened on.

I also had the opportunity to go to the temple this week and that was awesome too! I went with the zone, Brother and Sister Cassel and Dylan Johnson, my homeshare brother came with us too! It was sweet. I left so uplifted and just so happy and it rekindled my fire to work hard. Not that my fire was out, it just wasn’t roaring as it can be.

The last thing that I wanted to talk about is we had a way sweet second lesson with our new investigator this week. We committed him to Baptism and he came to Church! :) Oh yeah! So, I may be leaving Moreno Valley this transfer and I’ll probably cry but that’s okay because I know that the Lord has great POTENTIAL for me to live up to! :)

Okay well I love you!
Have a great week!
Love, Elder McNew





















No comments: