Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ward Christmas Party

12/12/11
So, a little update from me. Well, our investigators are doing well! The dates have been moved because of either family issues, or because they need to get married. So, this Saturday we were at a ward Christmas party and (Oh, I got to help build a little Manger scene. We put up a little Manger in the cultural hall with 1xs and a brad nailer) But, as I was saying, so we were at the ward Christmas party and it was going really well we had 3 investigators there and the one couple that is getting married, Jamie and Nicole, were there and Jamie came up to me and said, “Hey, man! You have to be the best man at my wedding!” Ha sweet! So I talked to President Smart and he has to contact Salt Lake but it should be good! :) I’ll let you know, but that’s pretty sweet huh! Ha.

So yeah, other than a little winter-time cold, I'm doing great! The work is moving forward and my testimony continues to grow! So, as a mission we have new focus to get at least 20 OYMs (contacts) per day, 10 per missionary. So, last night (Sunday) we had 18 and needed 2 more and it didn’t look like 20 was going to happen. But, I was bound and determined to get them so I said a little prayer in my heart as we were walking down the street and I got this feeling to go get our bikes. So, we went and got our bikes and headed towards our destination. And, guess what? Three people walked out of their homes just in time for us to catch them on the way out! :) Now tell me if that’s not an answer to a prayer!

I love serving the mission! Things are going so well and I have grown so much! I may have companions that are harder to work with but it could definitely be a lot worse! Alright well, that’s about all for this week!

Love you!
Have a good week!
Love, Elder McNew





No comments: