Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Investigators set Baptismal dates & Thanksgiving

11-28-11

Hey what’s up! :)


So I have to tell you! This week was so sweet! The Lord has been blessing us so much lately! :) I am so satisfied with the reward of my effort. Sometimes I feel like the reward is greater than my efforts, which means the Lord's hand is in all things! I have noticed that a lot of people have been praying for me lately because the work is going great!


I don’t want to sound like I am bragging but this is what is new! So we have 7 investigators 2 not progressing and 5 with a baptismal date! All for the 17th of December. Unfortunately, I am going to be realistic and say that probably not all will come through with their date and we will have to make changes. However, I know that at least 2 or 3 will make it!


So this week we got 2 new investigators, Jamie and Nicole, a couple. We taught them the first lesson: "The Doctrine of Christ" (2 Nephi:31 & 3 Nephi: 11), and on the first lesson committed them to be baptized. This was Wednesday, then we met with them again on Saturday and they were asking about requirements for baptism so I brought a paper with the interview questions on it. Then, on Sunday they came to Church all 3 hours! And they were telling people yeah, we are planning on being permanent. Then, get this, for our gospel principals class I gave them a manual and Jamie was looking through it and I had showed him where the commandments were and I saw him reading some of the commandments and stuff! YAY! It was so awesome and our other investigators are pretty legit too! Of course some of them are more ready than others, but it is going great! :)


So that is basically my week! Thanksgiving was great! We went to the bishop’s house and he is Mexican along with his family and we had Mexican food for Thanksgiving dinner! It was the best ever! I think we should start that as a tradition in our family. I love Mexican food! There was home made horchata, and homemade tortillas! (The best I ever had) then there was spicy beans, and pesole (like a soup stuff) and there were ribs and turkey and for dessert flan and other things mmmm! Then we visited but didn’t eat a ton at other families. And also we played turkey bowl football that morning so it was great!

Alrighty so that is about all for this week! I am doing great, I continue to pray for y'all and I appreciate all of the prayers that are said for me!

I love you! Have a great week! Love, Elder Justin Charles McNew







No comments: