Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wedding & Baptism of Jamie & Nicole

01/03/12
Hey family!

What’s up! :) To update you all on what has been happening… well, first, this week has been super crazy! Jamie and Nicole got married and I got to be the best man. Then this week we got to baptize and confirm them. It was such a great experience!

This week has been super crazy and just busy because of all the holidays and stuff! So last week, or the week before I think, I had written a big long message and it got lost into outer space. So here I am rewriting it today. The only problem is that it’s probably not going to be the same.

So I have had quite a few cool experiences lately; mainly with following the spirit. The first one was the week before Christmas, it was later at night and we had about an hour before we had to go home and not really anything to do. So, we decided to go on a walk to the local shopping center parking lot so we could just talk to people as they were coming to or from wherever. We walked down the street past the shopping center and had already talked to a few people and were walking back the other way (I know it’s confusing but just bear with me). So, as we were walking down the side walk, I saw a medical bracelet on the ground and I kicked it over to look at the name and it was dark and fuzzy. So, I just thought, “Oh, forget it,” and continued to walk. As I was walking, I got this strange prompting to turn around and go look at the bracelet. I was thinking, “What? That’s weird, no way!” So I continued walking and the thought entered my head a few more times and I thought, “Okay, whatever!” So, I turned around and Bam! This guy was walking toward us. I talked to him about the Gospel and he accepted and invited us to come to his home the next evening. Sweet! Well it’s the Zone Leader's area. But the point is that I think there was a reason I turned around and listened to the spirit. It was awesome!

Next, I have been struggling a bit lately so I asked Elder Alexander (one of the Zone Leaders) to give me a blessing along with some of the other missionaries assistance. It went really well and I was able to receive some great instruction. It hit me that it was just what I needed. Now I have even more confidence that the spirit leads and guides others to do what they need to do, to say what they need to say, and I know that God answers our prayers. Sorry, that this one doesn’t have a ton of detail. After the blessing we were getting our stuff together so that we could go and I had lost my wallet. I was looking all over and I paused said a little prayer. Then, I went directly to where my wallet was stuck it in my pocket and off we went!

These experiences are awesome and I am still learning so much! The Gospel is so true and it makes so much sense. I know that God answers our prayers if we just look to Him! I would bear a longer testimony and talk more but I have to go because I am running out of time!

Love you all and have a great week!











No comments: