Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Teaching the Restoration & Exchanges

1/16/12
Hello!

Well just so you know I am doing great! We all have struggles sometimes but I have learn to overcome them! :) All is well :) Elder Spencer and I are getting along better and the work seems to be picking up. We taught two lessons yesterday that went really well! There is a family in our ward that has us over every week for FHE and they have us teach or assist sometimes but just recently to make a complicated situation simple. I’ll just say we are teaching the granddaughter that is 10 and not baptized and her mother who also attends the FHE :) It is so great that we get to teach them. We have gotten to know them quite well throughout the weeks from attending the FHE so now we are teaching them the lessons.

Yesterday we taught the restoration and it went really well and previously we had taught the Doctrine of Christ so that set the mood well for when we taught the Restoration. They both committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and we bore our testimony. It was a really good lesson. Last night after we had been home for a while and we had been making a few plans, Dylan my home share brother asked if we would teach him and his girlfriend the lessons! It went well since we had already had the practice of teaching the first lesson right before.

This week went well, I had the opportunity of going on exchanges with a few other missionaries and it was nice to go to their wards and to see how they were doing, and to see how I can improve. The cool thing is, the learning really goes both ways, I think exchanges are so great! In both of the areas that I went to we got two new investigators in each area :) I guess I was just the good luck charm. It went well this week!

Love you, have a good week!





No comments: