Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tyler & Halle Baptism

3/12/12
Hey what’s up y'all! I love the weather here it’s going great! I do like this new area but the ward split is coming. However, I do think that we will be covering the same amount of area, it will just be two wards instead of one. I hope to get a car, but we shall see.

So this week went pretty well! Not a whole lot new happening, but we did have a baptism and confirmation this past Saturday and Sunday! Everything went smoothly. Not a lot of people showed up but it was still great. It was 2 younger kids Tyler and Hallee. I baptized Tyler and confirmed Hallee and my companion did the opposite. It was cool! Oh, so check this out, we had a member of the Seventy come to our ward council and sacrament meeting. Then he taught a bit in Elder’s Quorum/Relief Society. It was really good, the Spirit was super strong. After the meeting, I was talking with him his name was Elder Higham (white hair). I guess I said one word wrong in the confirmation. I said “seal” and only patriarchs and temple sealers “seal”. Then I talked to him about leaving a blessing on someone’s home as a missionary and how full-time missionaries have the authority to use the priesthood to invoke blessings upon homes of people and I thought it was pretty cool so I talked to him about that and like when it’s appropriate. It was really good! That was a really cool experience.

So yeah, that’s my week in a nut shell. Oh, we also got a new investigator. His name is Josh. We shall see how legit it is. We did have a great first lesson though!

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love, Elder McNew













No comments: