Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Staying in Murrieta

I am doing great! Everything is going well and we just had transfers and I found out that I am staying another transfer here in Murrieta! Yay! I love it here! And my companion and I are getting along so, it should be a great 6 more weeks ;) I’m excited! We also had the whole stake get split. Our ward boundaries changed a little bit but it’s good because now we have a little bit of new area to work with. We also have a few new members, so it should be good! We also had a baptism this week, it was a kid that was 8 and got baptized but we taught him and a few of the family members because they are less-active. We thought that maybe the baptism of their son and the missionary lessons would help them a bit, but it seems as though they are stuck in a bit of a routine. It must be hard to get out of it once you have not been going to church for so long. Man I can’t imagine what I would do without the church!

The Doctrine of Christ is so simple really if you think about it. None of us is perfect. When we sin or make mistakes, it brings feelings of guilt and shame into our lives. When we repent and take the sacrament the feelings from the mistakes that we made are removed and our sins are forgotten and forgiven.

Isn’t that easy? I am so thankful, and I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to be on a mission, and to be so fortunate to truly understand the doctrine of Christ as described in 2 Nephi 31. I think if we, as members of the church, studied that chapter over and over again for years it still wouldn’t be enough. Until you truly understand the concept. It’s so profound yet so simple!

Well have a great week! Love you!

The card says, "Hand Made Duct Tape Chest Camera Mount".







No comments: