Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, April 30, 2012

Back to Yucaipa

4/30

Good afternoon! So I would like to start off by saying thank you to all who have been praying for me :) I never thought it would be possible to actually feel the prayers of someone else. Not that I was lacking in faith, I just always thought that the result of a prayer for someone would just come and possibly be noticed, but not necessarily felt. If that makes sense. Well, the other day (actually the other week) I was in a lesson teaching someone somewhere and I could honestly feel the power of the prayers that others have been saying for me. Sounds a little crazy but it was recognized! :) I made a little note in my planner so that I could say this weeks ago, but I must have forgotten. Oh well, now you know!

Okay, so this week was transfers. The last thing that I was expecting to happen actually did. When we got the call, since I’m the District Leader, they just give me all of the news and I write it down so that I can relate the message to all of the missionaries in my district. Well, they started by telling me all of the people that were leaving Murrieta. When they got to my companion I was like, oh great, this is normal... NO! They call my name Elder McNew; he is going to be serving in the Yucaipa 4th ward!?! What??? Okay, so I continue writing and he tells me all of the people that are coming new into the zone. Sister Larsen and Sister Sonoma are going to be in the Winchester ward; okay, this is nuts. Are you telling me that we are getting doubled out and replaced by SISTERS!? Um, whatever!

Ha, so it was shocking, but I do know that the Sisters will do great in the Winchester ward and I also know that the Lord has a plan and part of that plan is having me go back to Yucaipa :) Ha, it’s kind of awesome because, well first I get to see some of the people that I left, and also my new companion is Elder KAVA. That’s right, a Polynesian from Hawaii :) He is so chill! He has only been out three months so I will be his step daddy! (His companion right after his trainer AKA daddy) lol It’s going to be sick! And I’ll bet the guys at the Yucaipa bike shop miss seeing me around lol :) Aright well that is about all of the news that I have for today.

Love you all!
Thanks for everything :)

 LOVE, Elder McNew






















No comments: