Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thoughts from General Conference

4/02/12

Well, I'm doing pretty good! This week was great! We got a new investigator kinda, but then she hasn't been in contact with us since, but I am stoked to have seen conference!  It was great I'm sure you know. My favorite talk was the one by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, it was about forgiveness and being charitable and loving others.  I think the reason that I enjoyed it so much is because I felt like it spoke to me. I have been struggling with being charitable and patient. Probably because I pray to become such.  But. I think I have it all figured out now.

Oh, and I got to work on a truck this week! I love having time to do things that I haven't done in such a long time.  Like when I was in Moreno Valley I got to work on a car and this week I got to work on Brother Alejos' truck.  We just did plugs and wired and ran some sea foam through the cab, but it was still fun to me. Work, fun? Yeah! Even doing work as a missionary to me is enjoyable. I remember at the beginning of my mission I was thinking like, "the best two years"? Yeah right, more like the most difficult two years of my life.  I have to wake up at 6:30 everyday and when I wake up in the morning I dread doing more missionary work. (this was when I was only out a few weeks) but since then I have truly come to love it and I would not take back my opportunity to serve for anything. It was the best decision I have made. Simply because I have come to know the true purpose of life! The Atonement is so important to me now! Worldly things just aren't as important to me as they used to be. God's Plan for us is so real! I think people need to analyze their lives and look and see what is truly important to them. There was a talk in conference that was about that I think it was in the priesthood session. It was talking about the differences between sacred and secular things. I totally have to agree. I think people forget the true reason they are even at church partaking of the sacrament. It's a bigger deal than some people make it! Anyway, sorry to ramble.

I just want to finish with my testimony.  That I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true and living church that has been established once again on the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God as well as the Bible, as far as it is translated correctly. I know that it is only in and through the Savior Jesus Christ that we can find TRUE and lasting happiness in life, I also know that God is real, he is our Father and he loves all of his children, he loves and cares and knows each of us individually and is there by our sides every step of the way, especially in times of trial struggles and loneliness. If we are willing to turn to him in prayer and ask for his help, he is there and he will help us. All we have to do (as described in scripture specifically Matthew: 7) is ask, seek, and knock. I know prayer is real and it works. The plan that God has for us is amazing and true. All we have to do is stay on the narrow path, that is impossible to stay on WITHOUT HELP. I also know that if we take the words that were and are spoken by current church prophets and listen and follow them we will make it back to live with our Father in Heaven again.  Of these things I bear testimony of and say in the name of our true and living Savior Jesus Christ.  Amen.

I love you and hope that you have a great week! - your little brother Elder Justin Charles McNew







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tramadol 50mg order tramadol online overnight delivery - where to buy tramadol forum