Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Sunday, April 15, 2012

March 26, 2012

3/26/12

Hey whats up?

This week for me was great! We have been teaching 20 lessons per week regularly, which is great!  The ward helps out quite a bit with our teaching efforts and its so helpful. I remember at the beginning of my mission my mission president (Pres. Reeves) told me that a teaching missionary is a happy missionary and I would have to definitely agree. A cool part of our week was that we got a new investigator! He had been taught a few times by the other missionaries and since the ward split he is now in our ward. It's awesome.  His name is Jason, he is married but I don't think that his wife is super interested. Give us some time and she will be.  Jason is a very good guy! He is golden.  He basically told us that he already thinks that the church is true! So, all we have to do is teach and invite and he will follow. He already quit smoking and drinking previously so now all he has to work on is coffee. No biggie!

Oh, and check this out.  Since the ward split we have a whole new half to our area and that area is over or around a huge hill, (small mountain).  Well we chose to check out how we could get over the hill. We found an off-road pedestrian trail that goes over the hill so we rode our bikes to the other side and it took us about 20 minutes.  There is a gully with a stream and trees it's a sweet bike ride!

You know who Escape The Fate is? A couple of the band members are in my ward! They have been there the whole time and I didn't realize it until like two weeks ago. They are kind of less-active, but they are way cool. We teach them on every Wednesday.  We got to talking and stuff and they are going to get me a signed CD and they said that when they come to Salt Lake he can get me into some shows and we could hang out and stuff.   He said that it's good to be around a better influence and it would help keep them out of trouble.

Anyway, I think that's about all for now!
Love you!
Have a good week!

Love, Elder McNew







No comments: