Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, December 19, 2011

One Year Mark!

11-21-11

Everything this week is going great! My new companion is still green.  I have been helping him and stuff!  For some reason the Lord keeps putting me with companions that have to rely on me a lot.  It's hard but I know that the Lord is teaching me something.  I do have some good news this week though.  We taught three lessons with members present and that may not seem like a ton, but it's been a little more difficult in this area.  Also, two of our new investigators are on for a baptismal date for December17th.  It was really cool to teach them.  It's kinda funny we taught them at separate times but the lessons went pretty close to the same! Lesson 2 (The Plan of Salvation) and we committed them to baptism when talking about the Atonement! It was so sweet! :)

Then another cool thing that happened this week was that on Friday, Eric, the oldest son of my homeshare family, was working on Dylan's (the youngest son) car.  He was installing a new clutch so, guess what? Yep, I went and put my work clothes on and went to work i did! lol i helped change out the clutch and put the car back together.  It was pretty sweet! I still have slight grease stains on my hands and I feel well accomplished. It has been a good year since I have worked on a car so it was nice to get in there and play in some grease :) ha ha ha.

This week was also my One-year-mark so on Thursday night I burned a shirt! I got it all on video so y'all can see.  I also got the packages that everyone sent me :) So thank you very much for that; it was an awesome time of year and it's not the end of the holiday season.
Well thats about all for now!

I love you! Have a good week!

Love, Elder McNew






1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Those are some sweet pictures. Preaching in the park... how cool is that!!!