Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Sunday, December 4, 2011

a letter from President Smart

Elder McNew,

We had a wonderful week as a mission. Lots of good work and progress made. Congratulations on a job well done.

The more we work with you and get to know you the more we love and appreciate all that you do. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to doing the work the Lord has sent you here to do.

Just a quick thought this evening: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6) We demonstrate our trust in the Lord by obeying His commandments. As we do that we show Him that He can trust us. When we gain His trust great things happen in our lives. May we all be worthy of His trust and the promised blessing that follow.

I know that God lives. May you feel His Spirit in your life as you dedicate your time, talents and energy in helping Him fulfill His purpose for this world.

Sincerely,

President Smart

PS - Please remember to send us pictures from the baptisms that have taken place since our last Multi-Zone Conference. We will begin creating the Baptism DVD in the next few weeks. Thanks you!
Home-Share family dressed up as the Adams' Family for Halloween.
At the ward Trunk or Treat
Brother Cassel, the bread man.

10-31-11
Hey, Hows it going?

I'm doing pretty good! :) The work is getting better and better slowly but surely. We got a new investigator this past week! his name is alex! he is way cool! he is a mechanic for mercadies and we fonund him while he was working on his car. He seems to be interested, hopefully things work out and he keeps progressing.

I had an interesting chat with my mission president this week. We had interviews and I talked to him about some stuff that was on my mind. One thing that I talked to him about was my companion.  I told him that I felt like the work was being held back or that we aren't seeing much success as I'd like.  I felt like the first 6 months of my mission I had lots of learning opportunities, and now I feel that it's going a lot slower.

My mission president basically told me that I was here to help my companion learn and to grow.  I am here to be a good example and to show him how to work hard.. It's hard to be the one pulling the weight sometimes, but, after my meeting with President Smart, I was just super happy and ready to go out and work.  He just made my day a ton better. So, this week has been good! If anything, I know that I am learning and growing and going on from what it says in my blessing,  the Lord is preparing me now for things that I will accomplish in my future!

Love, Elder McNew

No comments: