Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, October 15, 2012

Final Area

10/15

What’s UP! So I got transferred today and I am here in Corona and I met my new companion! His name is Elder Romney! He is pretty cool! He is from Alpine, UT and he rides dirt bikes too! :) I can tell we are going to get along great! I’ll have to send a picture with this letter.

I have been assigned here in Corona to the Auburndale and YSA wards serving as Zone Leader for the last 6 weeks of my mission. I will have served 2 times here in Corona making it a total of 4 wards! Seems crazy!  About 1/4 of my mission will have been served here, maybe a tiny bit more. I’m excited to take on this new assignment! :) I know that the Lord probably has someone for me to touch while I am here so I'm just ready to go do work!

News for this past week well, unfortunately, one of our investigators (JR and Monica) AKA the Entire Valencia family, Lost a loved one. JR and Monica's 1 year old baby girl fell into the pool and drowned. The ward here has been helping them out since. They decided to donate the organs to other sick babies. They do however, seem to be doing okay. Prayers in their behalf would be appreciated.

Also this week we had a lot of rain and I took some pictures of us driving through a RIVER! Ha ha it’s pretty funny.  Well, that seems like that’s about all for now.

Love you!
 Me and elder Hansen from Jurupa
 The Valencia Family

Elder McNew & Elder Romney

No comments: