Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, October 22, 2012

Busy week as Zone Leader

10/22

What’s up y'all!

Hey, I love my new area and companion. Elder Romney and I are pretty much Best Friends :) He is from Alpine, Utah.  We are co-Zone Leader so that means he is a great missionary! We are planning on doing work in this area! Since it’s my last. It’s so weird to think about! 5 weeks? That’s unreal.

So this week (my first week in the ward) we were asked to give talks on Sunday. I spoke on the tender mercies of the Lord and some that I have experienced on my mission; then my companion spoke on missionary preparation and kind of like in Jen's ward, he put a lot of stress on the parents :) I feel that both the talks went really well! To be honest, I totally had the assistance of the Lord; I couldn’t have done it so well without the spirit. I’m sure the mantle helps too. But I was shocked that I hardly even looked at what I had written I like memorized it or something and was able to say what the Lord wanted me to. IT WAS AWESOME. I love feeling the power of the Holy Spirit as I speak! It’s amazing! :) So... anyway

This week was pretty busy!  Monday nights we have FHE with the YSA branch.  Tuesday is district meeting.  I don't know what we did on Wednesday.  On Thursday we plan.  Friday we had an interfaith dialogue thing.  Basically, a controlled debate/question-answer thing.  It's between Evangelical Christians and Mormonism.  Two well-educated men were representatives of each party. It was pretty good! Every time you felt the spirit from the Mormon guy the Christian guy would say something and out went the spirit, IT REALLY WAS OBVIOUS. The Holy Ghost never lies!!!! Ah!!! Anyway then Saturday we had service with some bicycle safety thing and there were PRO bikers present.  It was pretty sick, they did some ramps for us! Then we had to go to the church and do a numbers report for our zone for the MCM that we had at the crack of dawn on Sunday.  Then we had Sacrament for 2 wards, spoke in one and taught the Gospel Principals class for the other.  Then we went tracting to get our number for the day.

Needless to say I love being on the Lord's side!

I Love you!

Love, Elder McNew

New address:
1587 Greenpoint Dr
Corona, CA 92880


No comments: