Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Sunday, September 9, 2012

09/04/12

The work here has been rolling right along smoothly even with all of the little things Satan does to distract us away from the work. Good news is that we have a baptism this Saturday at 4pm at the local chapel :) Surprisingly, the sweet sister who will be baptized has asked me to perform the ordinace :) Of course I will do it! I'm excited to do some work this week.

Transfers passed and I am still here in Jurupa with my companion, Elder Fielding. One of the Spanish missionaries that we live with is training so I'm kind of exited for that :) I need to be a real good example so it's just a good reason to work even harder :)

The Valencia Family is progressing right along.  We taught them three times this week.  Jr. and Monica got interviewed for Baptism, as I expected, they have some things to work through but it should be really good for them, when they are ready. I would rather prepare them a bit better now so that we don't have even more less active members than we already do now. However, it will be really good for them to (as Veva Jean said in her letter to me) receive the Holy Ghost to help them through out their lives.

Anyway, so I'm doing pretty well :)

Thanks again for all of the love and support!





No comments: