Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, July 23, 2012

Heather's Endowments & Transfer to Jurupa

7-23

So as for this week; it was great! I had such an awesome experience at the temple this week with my recent convert that had her endowments taken out.  It was amazing! I also got to see some other people from the ward.  Afterwards we all went out to lunch! :) It was sweet!







Okay, so there is some news that I have, we had transfer calls this week and guess what? Elder Kava is staying in the Yucaipa 4th ward for his 5th transfer! And Elder McNew is transferring off to Jurupa! It’s going to be great! I hear my companion... "Needs a good Example" but I’ll just make the best of it. And also I have been called to be a District Leader again!

 Alrighty well that is all for now.

 Love, Elder McNew

No comments: