Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, July 2, 2012

Splits with Spanish Elders

07/02/12
 Hey what’s up?
 This week was pretty good! :)

We still have at least one solid investigator. Lauren, she is way cool! Though her date is pushed back a little ways to September. She is still progressing pretty well :)

 However, Miguel is MIA. I have no idea where he is. He went out of town for "a few weeks" but we cannot contact him, nor have we seen him at home. I’m hoping that his cell phone just died and that he is spending more time than he thought out of town. I know that he said he needed to go help out family so I don't know. But, anyway we will find him this week for sure! :)

Other than that, not much has changed. I did go on exchanges with the Spanish missionaries this week and spoke the best Espanol that I can lol :) It was a good experience, but man it would be tough learning the gospel in another language. Some of the things that we run into in English are hard to handle let alone speaking a different language. It was a great experience though and it makes me realize how much the Lord really does know me by sending me here to California speaking English. I know that this is a great place for me, I am so fortunate to have things that are so local and the opportunities that are available here in the states. I hope I am making sense.

 Anyways. Everything is going well :)

That’s about all for this week :)

 Love you have a good week :)

Love, Elder Justin Charles McNew

No comments: