Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, October 22, 2011

District Leader

8/22/11

What's up? So guess what? I have some pretty cool news to tell you!

First I want you to know that I'm staying in Corona for another 6 weeks.

So this week was pretty sweet! We've been working super hard and teaching lots of lessons. Not so much tracting but thats okay because lessons are better in my opinion. We received two rewards for our hard work. First, our ward mission leader took us to Chili's so that was cool. Kyle is getting baptized on Saturday! Yay! I'm so happy for him, he is such a bomb investigator! I'm going to be here in corona still so I get to attend and everything.

Other than that I wanted to just tell you what the results of transfer calls brought. Well, obviously Elder Fly is returning home to Virginia so that was not a shock because he has served his time and has been a great companion to me :) I'm proud of him for working hard till the end.

The next news is that well... I will be continuing to step-daddy Elder Kozub, the one that hurt his back. He is my new official companion. So I ask to all of you to please pray for me that I don't kill this kid. I'm going to need some patience. But, I know that the Lord kept me with him for a reason . It's all good, I do love him he is just different from me.

The next cool news, and last but not least, is that I got called as the new District Leader over my district! I didn't think it would happen so soon but here it is. I guess the Lord knows me well and can see more of my future than I can. That's all for now!

I am excited to continue serving here in Corona to further the work of the Lord in this area! I love the mission and man is it flying by. The awesome experiences never cease to come.

Well I love you all and continue to pray for you. Have a wonderful week and God bless!

Love, Elder McNew





No comments: