Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, October 22, 2011

7-16-11 to 7-21-11

Hey! Whats Up! :)
This week was great! We definatly stayed busy... I would say we probally did about close to 5 hours of service give or take a few!

So my new companion. Elder Fly, well I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but, Elder Fly has been out for about 22months! This is his last area so I'll probably be here in Corona for a while. But, the cool thing is that we have a goal, (more his idea since he is leaving but its my goal too) of 4 baptisms this transfer! We have two people that are really close and we actually had a fast this Sunday for one of our investigators (Petey). He is so awesome! J The family that we are teaching him with are way cool members. So, my new companion is awesome. We get along well, he is from a podunk town in Virginia. I guess his neighbors were farmers and stuff so that’s cool, we are friends. He is pretty quiet but I feel so privileged to be his companion because he knows so much and we work well together. I know the Lord had something to do with putting us together. He definitely did! J and I am so happy for that.
Well I Love you all! Have a good week and I'll talk to you later!
Love,
Elder McNew












No comments: