Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tripanionship

Hey everybody! :)

Okay so this week was tight! We had some interesting things happen this week and we worked super hard! We got a lot done; well atleast it feels like it!
So, the first thing that happened was that in the middle of the week, like Thursday, we were just hangin out weekly planning and helping the other missionaries with some bike issues and we had a missed call on our phone. So I looked at the message from the AP's (assistants to the mission president), and it said that we were getting another Elder to serve with us in Corona. I thought, "What?" They said he would be at our place sometime in the afternoon. He showed up with the office Elders at like 5 o'clock which is kinda late because it's hard to get a ton of work done after that. Anyway, so now I am in what they call a tripanionship. There's me, Elder Fly, and Elder Kozub. I tell you what, he is a bit of a strange kid, a greenie for sure. Despite our differences, he is okay. He is a good teacher for the most part which is a plus. Anyway, so that's my news for this week.

Also we took the lead in our districts for OYM's (contacts) from tracting and talking to a bunch of people. So, that was cool. Oh, and we put an investigator on date for baptism for August 6th :) Yeah! He is a way cool kid. He came to church and may be going to scout camp with the boys! :) That will be so good for him.

The last bit of news is that I went to West Coast Customs today! :) It's the place where Pimp My Ride pimps rides. LOL! It was cool to see all the cars and stuff. I took pictures so y'all will get to see them here soon, I imagine.

Alrighty, well that's all for this week!
Love you all!
Have a good week!
Love, Elder McNew













No comments: