Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, June 11, 2012

Serving the Cub Scouts

06/11

Hey how are you? I am well this week! Everything is going smoothly; the ward is getting more involved. Our numbers are a bit higher.

 We got a new investigator this week as well! Her name is Cheyenne. We have also been doing a lot of service and stuff this week.

The coolest was probably this Saturday when we went and helped some cub scouts with a day camp thing. There were 4 missionaries, 2 of us manned a station building bird houses, and 2 of us helped the kids make leather book marks :) It was awesome! I had the chance to make a book mark and then me and Elder Larsen made one together and it ended up turning out really nice.

Oh and also this week we had 5 non-members at church. I don’t know what happened but I know something is paying off. Oh I also forgot to tell you that this week was transfer week and I and Kava are staying here! I can’t believe it’s been 6 weeks already since I got here. It seems like it’s only been like 2 weeks.

Unfortunately one of my favorite fellow missionaries Elder Chambers is going home. But after I guess he is going to go to BYU so I’ll end up seeing him there. Well, I know that my thoughts are random but that’s about all for this week. If you have any questions please ask :)

 Love, Elder McNew




No comments: