Becoming a Missionary

My beloved brethren, you and I, today and always, are to bless all peoples in all the nations of the earth. You and I, today and always, are to bear witness of Jesus Christ and declare the message of the Restoration. You and I, today and always, are to invite all to receive the ordinances of salvation. Proclaiming the gospel is not a part-time priesthood obligation. It is not simply an activity in which we engage for a limited time or an assignment we must complete as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather, missionary work is a manifestation of our spiritual identity and heritage. We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham. We are here upon the earth at this time to magnify the priesthood and to preach the gospel. That is who we are, and that is why we are here--today and always.
- by Elder David A. Bednar
From The Ensign, Nov. 2005, Page 47

Monday, June 4, 2012

My Testimony

06/04

This week went well. Our investigator Lauren chose her baptismal date for her birthday, which isn’t until September 25th. However, I would rather her wait until she’s ready than get baptized and go less active. Unfortunately that happens to a lot of people and the consequences for people who already received that gospel and strayed away may be different for others who never found it. Obviously I’m not the judge and that could go deep fast so we won’t go there.

Anyway so this morning I woke up and got my hair cut from Kava and then the other missionaries came to get us and we went and played disc golf :) it was pretty sick! We had a lot of fun and then we took the other missionaries car and changed grabbed our phone and are now emailing. Ha, the people in this area are pretty awesome.

At church on Sunday we had a lesson with the relief society on how to do the ward mission process. It went pretty smoothly! I also took the opportunity to bear my testimony in sacrament, mainly because my companion decided to go up, but it was really good. I felt the spirit really strong on Sunday in sacrament. It was a good fast and testimony meeting. A lot of times I have a hard time paying attention and stuff on fast Sunday, because if I do fast then I don’t take my medication, but this Sunday went really smoothly and I didn’t have any issues and I definitely know that it was a blessing from the Lord :) My testimony is definitely stronger now.

 I just want to conclude by bearing my testimony: I know that God is our Father in Heaven, who loves us, each and every one of his children. He watches over and encourages us. I know that he truly wants us to succeed and gives us so many chances to. Through his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, we can find relief from the burden that comes from sin and mistakes that we all make in life. The Atonement that Jesus Christ performed also makes it easier for us to bear burdens that come from the weakness we all have because of the mortal state that we are in, such as to comfort us when we are sad, or to strengthen us when we are weak from illness and pain, and also when we are put in situations that test our patience. If we go to the Savior Jesus Christ and God our Father when we are in need, they are there waiting and willing to comfort us. I know that Jesus Christ’s primitive church, the same church that he set up when he was here on the earth, has been restored to the earth again today through the prophet Joseph Smith. His church was set forth once again, just as it was in times before, after being in a state of apostasy. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that through it we can come to know our Father in heaven, to understand him more and to grow closer to him as well as his son Jesus Christ. I also know that through that same book we can come to know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that by the Holy Spirit that comes when you read these words you can also know for yourself that these things are true. It is by that same Spirit that I came to know that these things are true for me. And many others have done the same. I leave my witness with you and do so in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

 I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week :),

Love Elder Justin McNew


No comments: